At Orchard House Accountancy Ltd we can provide you with a Tax Investigation Service to protect you from the costs that may arise as a result of a Tax or VAT Enquiry from HMRC.
An investigation could cost you money even if you’ve done nothing wrong and anyone can be selected: a business, a director or an individual tax payer.
The Tax Investigation we can provide is an all-embracing Policy that provides you with the ultimate protection.
The service covers up to the equivalent of £100,000 towards our professional fees resulting from an HMRC Enquiry.
Any compliance check started by HMRC regarding your compliance with:
- Income Tax and/or Corporation Tax Self-Assessment
- National Insurance
- Construction Industry
- National Minimum Wage or Gift Aid Legislation and Regulations and;
- Any consequent dispute with HMRC after the issue of an assessment, computation of liabilities, written decision, notice of VAT civil penalty or notice of underpayment of the National Minimum Wage.
- Inheritance Tax enquiries
- Child Tax Credit enquiries
- A compliance check carried out under HMRC Code of Practice 8 (provided fraud is disproved).
Orchard House Accountancy Ltd is supported by Croner Taxwise Limited – the market leading Tax Investigation Insurance provider in the UK.
With an estimated £33bn tax gap that the HMRC should collect and what it does actually collect, they are targeting small businesses and individuals to close this gap. Tax & VAT investigations are a key tool in reducing this deficit.
This service also gives you access to employment law and health & safety advice.